Stavanger, Rogaland Climate & Temperature
- Stavanger, Rogaland, Norway is at 58°53'N, 5°38'E, 9 m (29 ft). See map.
- Stavanger, Rogaland has a marine west coast climate that is mild with no dry season, warm summers. Heavy precipitation occurs during mild winters which are dominated by mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Stavanger, Rogaland is situated in or near the cool temperate wet forest biome.
- The mean annual temperature is 7.4 degrees Celsius (45.3 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 13.8 °C (24.8°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 3.7°C (38.6°F) on average falling to -1.7°C (29°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 9.3°C (48.8°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 2.3°C (36.2°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 17.3°C (63.2°F) and average low temperatures are 11°C (51.8°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 11.3°C (52.4°F) during the day and lows of 6°C (42.8°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1180 mm (46.5 inches) which is equivalent to 1180 Litres/m² (28.94 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1538 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Stavanger, Rogaland you would come out nearest to the climate station at Macquarie Island, Australia where you would find a Tundra climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Stavanger, Rogaland, Norway Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Fannaråki/ Fanaråken, Sogn Og Fjordane, Norway - 318.3 kms (197.8 miles) NNE
- Lærdal, Western Norway, Norway - 264.2 kms (164.2 miles) NNE
- Geilo, Norway - 233.5 kms (145.1 miles) NE
- Gardermoen, Norway - 340 kms (211.3 miles) ENE
- Oslo, Norway - 310.6 kms (193 miles) ENE
- Dalen, Telemark, Norway - 148.6 kms (92.4 miles) ENE
- Kristiansand, Norway - 157.9 kms (98.1 miles) ESE
- Tylstrup, Denmark - 316.5 kms (196.7 miles) SE
- Vestervig, Denmark - 283.7 kms (176.3 miles) SE
- Lyngvig Fyr, Denmark - 347.8 kms (216.1 miles) SSE