Stavanger, Rogaland Climate & Temperature
- Stavanger, Rogaland, Norway is at 58°53'N, 5°38'E, 9 m (29 ft). See map.
- Stavanger, Rogaland has a marine west coast climate that is mild with no dry season, warm summers. Heavy precipitation occurs during mild winters which are dominated by mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Stavanger, Rogaland is situated in or near the cool temperate wet forest biome.
- The mean annual temperature is 7.4 degrees Celsius (45.3 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 13.8 °C (24.8°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 3.7°C (38.6°F) on average falling to -1.7°C (29°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 9.3°C (48.8°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 2.3°C (36.2°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 17.3°C (63.2°F) and average low temperatures are 11°C (51.8°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 11.3°C (52.4°F) during the day and lows of 6°C (42.8°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1180 mm (46.5 inches) which is equivalent to 1180 Litres/m² (28.94 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1538 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Stavanger, Rogaland you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Macquarie Island, Australia where you would find a Tundra climate.
Stavanger, Rogaland Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Stavanger, Rogaland Climate Graph in Metric Units
Stavanger, Rogaland Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Stavanger, Rogaland, Norway Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Fannaråki/ Fanaråken, Sogn Og Fjordane, Norway - 318.3 kms (197.8 miles) NNE
- Lærdal, Western Norway, Norway - 264.2 kms (164.2 miles) NNE
- Geilo, Norway - 233.5 kms (145.1 miles) NE
- Gardermoen, Norway - 340 kms (211.3 miles) ENE
- Oslo, Norway - 310.6 kms (193 miles) ENE
- Dalen, Telemark, Norway - 148.6 kms (92.4 miles) ENE
- Kristiansand, Norway - 157.9 kms (98.1 miles) ESE
- Tylstrup, Denmark - 316.5 kms (196.7 miles) SE
- Vestervig, Denmark - 283.7 kms (176.3 miles) SE
- Lyngvig Fyr, Denmark - 347.8 kms (216.1 miles) SSE